Monday, 3 October 2016

"I Have Not Given Up On B-Red & Sina Rambo But Won't Sign Them Into DMW" - Davido


Davido have moved to address several issues surrounding his self named record label; "Davido Music Worldwide" and his HKN Records. In his recent interview with TheNet, the Sony Music/RCA Records signee reveals that even though HKN Records is a family business, the artists under it did signed contracts.

He also made it clear that DMW is his personal record label which he created because he wanted to do a new thing.

Talking about his cousin B-Red & Sina Rmabo, the Skelewu singer believed that he have done enough for them and will not be including them in his DMW crew. Even with that, the singer made it clear that he have not given up on them.

He went on to talk about his 11-month music drought, his contract with Sony Music, his upcoming EP and what to expect from him after the EP.


Read Excerpt of the interview below...

What plans do you have for the four artistes under your own label?
They are doing well and believe me they know how to handle themselves. When I got back and they showed me all they’ve done, I was happy.
They are getting more shows, always recording and they all have their individual team working with them on their projects.

What really happened with B-Red, was there even a contract from the start?
I was in church with them earlier today. Yes there was a contract HKN is a family thing but DMW is my own thing on the side.

Why didn’t you bring B-red on to DMW?
I don’t know I guess I just wanted to do a new thing. I did a lot for them or don’t you agree?

So you gave up on them?
(smiles)if that’s how you want to put it, but I didn’t give up on them. And we are still really cool.

Let’s talk about the Sony deal; Do you think you signed the deal at the right time?
I won't say I signed at the wrong time, I signed it at the right time actually.

So why did it take you 11 months to drop a song?
Adele takes 5-years, there are people that take break for 2-years, but here we are used to dropping songs every 3 months, it got to a point I knew I just had to find myself again.

So do you blame yourself or Sony for the 11-month drought?
Don't forget during this 11-month period, I did feature on over 24-songs.
And you it would have been different if I was dropping songs and they don't pop.
At the beginning of this year, my focus was to pop out international collaborations but then things change and regardless I kept on recording and making new sounds.
And as at August they gave me a date and we planned to drop the record with Tinashe but then I was like why don't you let me do my own African think and drop the tinashe record afterwards.

Tell us about your new song ‘Gbagbe Oshi’
Gbagbe Osi is one of the song that was supposed to be on the album, we recoded it last year.
And when they (sony) heard it they really liked it. I like it too, I love the drive.

After the EP, when is the main album dropping?
I can't say for now but not this year.
It shouldn't be moe than 11-songs on the album. They'll be about 5 major collaborations on it and for now there's no working title for the album.




from NaijaBeatZone

Related Posts

"I Have Not Given Up On B-Red & Sina Rambo But Won't Sign Them Into DMW" - Davido
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.